Monday 30 June 2008

Duffy - Duffy Felt Used By Former Bands


Welsh singer DUFFY was so desperate to break in to the music business she was in five bands at the same time - and kept them all secret from each other.

The 23-year-old - real name Aimee Ann Duffy - tried to launch her career as a teenager, but always took a back seat in the groups.

And the star admits she felt ashamed of her secret and worried that the musicians were just using her for her voice.

She says, "I kept getting into all these projects. I had five bands at one time, like a promiscuous lover, never telling them about each other because I just knew eventually it would all fall apart.

"It was a nightmare for my Dad, always having these boys round, and everything was always like I was being used as a vehicle. Or my voice was the cherry on top of someone else's idea ... and I just felt really used."

But the singer, who is enjoying worldwide success with debut album Rockferry, always craved the limelight for herself.

She adds, "I got to 18 and I thought, 'You know what? The thing that gives me so much passion is also causing me so much pain.' And I thought, 'This isn't right. What am I fighting for? What do I want?' And then I realised that my vision was completely wrong. What I needed to do was just bring it back to basics and just sing."





See Also